Blogging is one of the best avenues for self-expression and business expansion in the landscape of online platforms. Whether you are a hobby blogger or want to spread the word about your brand, you will require a reliable website builder to create a blog that meets your needs.
Finding a website builder can be quite a task for some beginners. How do you choose the best blogging platform when you are spoiled for choice and don’t exactly know what features to look out for?
In this article, we’ll show you the best website builders for blogs out there, so you can make an informed decision for your project.
Five Best Website Builders for Your Blog
We based this list of website builders on their strengths, features, and reliability:
This is undoubtedly the world’s most popular content management system. Since its advent back in 2003, as a platform purely meant for blogs, WordPress now powers more than a third of all the websites on the internet and gives its users the ability to create almost any kind of site.
WordPress.org is an open-source platform that allows you to construct your blog or website quickly and without a massive investment. It is an ideal option if you would like to have complete control over your blog.
Additionally, even though WordPress is more difficult to use than other builders on this list, you will definitely get the most flexibility and power from this platform after learning its basics. Luckily there are plenty of sites dedicated to teaching webmasters everything there is to know about WordPress.
Owing to its ease of use, scalability, and powerful features, WordPress.org tops the list of the best website builders for blogs:
- You get maximum control over every aspect of your blog/website when using WordPress.org.
- There are many free and paid WordPress themes This allows you to create aesthetically appealing blogs without paying a dime.
- Use more than 50,000 free and premium plugins. These plugins allow you to add features like galleries and contact forms to your WordPress blog easily. Whatever feature you need – there’s a plugin for it.
- You can easily grow your blog and put in extra features like an online store, paid membership options, and forums.
- As WordPress is search engine friendly, you can very easily create SEO-optimized URLs, tags, and categories for your posts.
- WordPress is translated into several languages and can easily and effectively be used to create multilingual blogs and websites.
Considering the pros mentioned above, WordPress.org is by far the most economical website builder for blogs. Keep in mind that WordPress (the one you get from WordPress.org) is a self-hosted CMS
– the platform itself is free, but you’ll need to purchase a domain name and hosting to use it.
Luckily, you can opt for a shared hosting plan to start with, and scale up according to your needs.
Wix has more than 100 million users worldwide. It is a very popular cloud-based website builder that boasts its flexibility. With Wix, you can create an ecommerce site, portfolio, and, of course, a blog. It offers a great solution for individuals and small businesses to construct a professional blog using their drop and drag tools. When using this platform you won’t need to write a single line of code or need previous technical experience or knowledge.
Some of the advantages of using Wix to create your blog are:
- Setup is easy and quick.
- Coding skills and website development experience is not a requirement. You can build your blog by dragging and dropping the design elements.
- You have access to many mobile-responsive templates and third-party applications to customize the website.
- Wix’s Artificial Design Intelligence can create a site for you. All you need to do is answer a few questions about your project, and the AI will generate the site.
- Wix offers a free plan with limited storage and bandwidth if your project is on a budget, or you just want to test out the platform. However, this plan does not include a domain name for your blog. It’s recommended to use blog name generators to come up with a good domain name that is going to help your blog make a good impression.
Wix is perfect for creative individuals who need a blog paired with an incredibly straightforward platform, but don’t want to deal with technicalities, while not spending a fortune. Wix’s pricing starts at $11 per month.
SiteBuilder is an easy to use website builder that allows you to create your blog with merely a few clicks. While the builder doesn’t offer incredibly unique features like Wix’s ADI, it has a great base set of features that are tried and tested.
Using SiteBuilder has a bevy of benefits:
- You can start with any of the numerous professionally designed templates and customize it using a very easy to use drag and drop interface. This allows you to tweak your blog as per your needs.
- All templates are perfectly optimized for desktop computers, tablets, and smartphones. What this means is that your blog will look splendid on all devices, effortlessly, which improves both the user experience and SEO ranking.
- SiteBuilder comes with powerful features such as eCommerce functionality and website analytics.
- Phone support and live chat are available for technical assistance.
SiteBuilder is a great website building for novice bloggers who do not have any coding skills for an affordable price. SiteBuilder’s pricing starts at $5 per month.
The Constant Contact website builder definitely deserves a spot on the list of best website builders for blogs. It is an AI-powered website builder that helps you create a free blog and have it up and running in no time. Additionally, the premium plans on offer are going to grant you more powerful features.
They have a huge collection of customizable templates to help create a perfect blog design. Moreover, you can get access to additional helpful tools like a professional photo library. This library has more than 500,000 images for you to use. You can use lead capture forms, and a custom logo maker also.
Other stand out features of Constant Contact website builder’s are:
- Since the Constant Contact website builder will host your website for you, the setup is easy and quick, and won’t require you to get hosting.
- The free plan allows you to try out the platform before making the purchase and committing.
- All paid plans come with a free SSL certificate and free domain.
- The website builder offers round the clock email, phone, and chat support.
Constant Contact’s website builder’s prices start at $10 per month.
Squarespace’s blogging capabilities are the primary reason why this website builder is among the best in the market. Squarespace allows you to create visually attractive websites using their drag and drop tools, which are effortless to use. This is an ideal platform for small business owners who are looking to create professional blogs to establish an online presence.
When using Squarespace you get:
- An easy to use and simple platform for beginner webmasters who aren’t technologically savvy.
- Plenty of visually appealing and professionally designed templates.
- Allows bloggers to build an online store if they need one.
- Round the clock customer support.
- Get a free custom domain with all annual plans.
Squarespace’s pricing starts at $12 per month, offering everything your first blog will need.
Features, maintenance, costs, and ease of use are the primary factors to weigh in when choosing a website builder for your blog. We hope this overview will help you make an informed decision that will help your site succeed.