Top 10 Website Builders to Start your Small Business in 2021
In this world, if you’re not online – you’re as good as invisible. You need to make your small business visible to hundreds of thousands of consumers with a state of the art website.
Don’t know how to create a website from scratch? Don’t worry because you can simply use an intuitive website builder to put together a well-functional, attractive, and easily navigable website in no time.
In this review, we share our picks for the top website builders for small businesses that will jumpstart your online presence like no other. You will also see some modern website templates that will make your website look even more beautiful and user friendly. So get designing now!
Wix figures on any list of the best free website builders in the market. The reason is simple – its templates are unparalleled, complete beginners can use the software, and the final product looks gorgeous. The ‘Business’ plans come in different price ranges depending on the added ecommerce features.
- The Wix Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) feature gives you smart recommendations for design and placement based on your taste and requirements.
- The built-in SEO functionality works well. We saw that it uses keywords and plugs naturally without making them feel forced.
Squarespace impressed us with its sleek templates and massive template gallery. Leaf through the options, and you will find templates for any type of business imaginable. On top of this, every element is fully customizable. So you always have creative control over your website.
- Sound marketing strategies like email campaigns, social media networking, etc.
- Logo design functionality – create an eye-catching logo for your business with the Squarespace logo designer.
- Compatible with most third-party extensions and add-ons for tracking user activity or online marketing.
Weebly has been one of the most popular website builders for small businesses since it entered the market. Its Pro, Business, and Business Plus plans are created to maximize digital footfall, manage online stores, and give you a smooth ownership experience. The shipping and payment gateway options are well-integrated into the software.
- Calculate shipping and tax costs in real-time. This will let customers know exactly how much the purchase will cost.
- Smart inventory management through item badges, product categories, and current availability.
- Robust site analytics details – learn about your customers’ preferences and user activity on your website.
This free website builder is ideal for those with little to no experience with coding and web designing. The editor is extremely user-friendly and easy to understand. We also like how smoothly the website translates onto a mobile device. Once you upload your content and graphics, your business website can be up and running in under an hour.
- The package plans – Basic, Advanced, Professional, and Gold – are economical and have good value for money. This is important for small businesses that do not want to splurge on maintaining their website.
- You can register an unlimited number of websites and domains under a single user account.
Shopify is fully tailored for business, enterprise, and ecommerce websites. You get a no-nonsense approach from this builder that gives you clear and concise recommendations for the type of website you want to create. We appreciate that all plans come with free unlimited bandwidth.
- Integrate multi-channel business on your website. Shopify allows you to combine options to sell on external platforms like Facebook, Instagram, eBay, etc.
- Connect with an industry expert from the Shopify Experts Marketplace to get insights into the best strategies for growing your business.
Webnode has a unique way of coupling your business website with online selling. You can easily add ‘store’ options to your website and accomplish both goals at once. We like the fresh template designs that will make your website stand out among others.
- Multiple delivery options – Let your customers choose between DHL, FedEx, store pickup, and local post for shipping. The tracking feature is beneficial.
- Keep a constant eye on your store analytics. Webnode consolidates vast amounts of user activity data like the number of unique visitors, popular products, customer responsiveness, etc. This analytics is perfect for assessing the growth of your business.
This ecommerce website builder is the full package. Launch your brand, create an e-commerce platform, generate user interest with BigCommerce’s business solutions. You also get access to the HTML and CSS code for making minute changes if required. The Standard and Plus options are geared to the needs of small businesses.
- Abandoned cart options – Increase your conversion rate by saving your customers’ abandoned carts. You can also program the server to send reminder emails to users about their cart products.
- Activate flash sales, instant discounts, and coupon codes with a single click. BigCommerce has impressive mobile functionality for the website owner.
The best part about using WordPress to build your website is that you can join a vast community of WordPress developers and designers. The community has thousands of updates and plugins to improve your experience with the website builder.
- Install plugins – Plugins are like applications that you can attach to your website. For example, your website can have external plugins to track sales volumes, generate coupon codes, or compile users’ email ids.
- The Business and Ecommerce plans have great features to ensure 100% secure online transactions on the website.
No idea how to create a business website? Jimdo has got you covered from start to finish. Its straightforward drag-and-drop editor makes customization a simple and enjoyable process. Jimdo also has logo designing features to spruce up your brand positioning.
- The Grow plan is ideal for business websites. It gives you over 50 pages capacity and details user activity analytics. Jimdo’s Online Store options are exclusive for setting up ecommerce operations.
- Easy integrations of coupons and discounts at checkout.
GoDaddy is one of the most efficient and affordable website builders on our list. The Standard, Premium, and Ecommerce options are designed for budding businesses. All come with integrated social media links and strong SEO suggestions.
- Scalable – GoDaddy allows you to display up to 5000 products in your online store, making scalability smooth and hassle-free.
- The Digital Marketing Suite helps you to increase your visibility and customer engagement. You can also access tips from industry experts in growing your business.
Which Is The Best Website Builder to Start your Small Business in 2021?
For beginners looking to create their first business website, we recommend Wix and Weebly. Shopify and BigComemrce have creative design and marketing solutions for online stores. If you are looking for scalability, then GoDaddy and WordPress are the website builders for you.
Identify your business type and exact requirements to choose the website builder most suited to your needs.