I recently moved two of my websites on Hostpapa Hosting. At the time of writing this review, Its been more than 24 months since I’m using Hostpapa. In this Hostpapa Review I’ll share my so far experience with them. Before I continue with my Hostpapa review, let me give you brief about Hostpapa.
I came to know about Hostpapa almost 2 years back. I was reading some reviews online and came to know that Hostpapa is one of the most popular web hosting provider in Canada. They also offer their web hosting services in other part of the world like UK, US & India. No matter from which location you buy their hosting service, your website will be hosted in their Canada data center. So if you’re also planning to buy a web hosting package with them, make a note that Canada is the only data center they have. Although Data Center location doesn’t matter much now a days as internet speed has been improved significantly in last few years. Luckily I got a good deal from them and they offered me their starter plan with a free domain name for just $1.95 per month. The starter plan let you host 2 websites and that is what I was looking for. Without wasting my time any further I jumped to purchase the web hosting and it took just 5 minutes to buy web hosting and I received a welcome mail from Hostpapa with my cpanel and ftp login details.
The two websites that I wanted to transfer to Hostpapa was hosted on WordPress and being a non-technical person I was not sure how to go about. Thanks to Hostpapa knowledge base, it give me a solution. With the step by step process mentioned in the tutorial I moved my both sites without contacting customer support.
When I connected to FTP, I found that the speed of web hosting was really good. The FTP connected very quick and the file transfer was smooth, no interruption. Soon all websites got transferred and since then both of them are running fine. Although I haven’t read many reviews about Hostpapa but I personally feel I made the right decision. You may find many good or may be bad reviews about Hostpapa but as per my experience If you’re looking for a good web hosting at a reasonable price, Hostpapa worth give a try.
Discount: Check Hostpapa Coupon Codes
Hostpapa Web Hosting Speed Review
Speed is one of the important thing you should look at while buying hosting services. Below is the screenshot of hosting speed test I performed on Hospapa server on which my website is hosted.
As you can see in the above diagram that name servers are responding very fast. The average time to resolve any of the DNS record is only 16ms. Although I won’t say it is extremely good but as per my experience in this industry this is the average DNS resolving time. I would say Hostpapa did a great job with web hosting speed.
More About Hostpapa
Hostpapa Data Center
When I searched for Hostpapa on internet, I found many people asking “Where is Hostpapa Data Center located”. I don’t know why many people are asking this question. If you’re among them, let me tell you that Hospapa data center is located in Toronto Canada. The main data center is so powerful that it is home to more than 150 telecommunications companies. Hostpapa data centres are equipped with the following
- complete climate and temperature control
- Raised floor facility
- fault protection
- 24×7 Manned Security
- fire-suppression systems
- water detection systems
- standby and redundant power generation
- diesel backup generators
Hostpapa Service Guarantee
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee: Over 2,00,000 customers worldwide trust Hostpapa for their web hosting requirements. As a Hostpapa customer I’m pretty happy with Hostpapa web hosting and I don’t think you will ask for a money back if you host your website with Hostpapa. In case if you need that, Hostpapa gives you 30 days money back guarantee. Although any setup fees or applicable domain registration or transfer costs will be deducted from the refund amount. The 30 days refund policy is applicable on Shared Web Hosting & Reseller Web Hosting plans.
- 99.9% Up-Time Guarantee: This is the area where most of the web hosting companies fails. As you might be knowing that shared hosting performance is totally depends on the websites hosted on that server. In shared hosting environment thousands of websites share resources of a common server and at any point of time if any of the website hosted on the server started consuming lots of resources the server go down or start perform slow. Web hosting companies like Hostpapa put all the applications, monitoring services and controls in place to quickly identify potential problem areas and resolve it as soon as possible. I personally not faced any up-time issue as of now but I can’t guarantee that in future I won’t face it. This is the situation with every host and no shared hosting provider can guarantee you 100% up-time and if any host claims to provide that, they simply telling a lie.
- Customer Support: Hostpapa offers 24/7 email support to their customers. You can also get support through telephone and live chat in multiple languages based on your location. In my experience it takes 1-10 minutes to connect to a chat support executive. I haven’t tried their phone support yet but based on the reviews I read online, they are good at that as well.
Why You Should Choose Hostpapa
Here are some reasons you should go with Hostpapa
- Price: If you’re looking for an affordable web hosting that don’t suck, look no further, Hostpapa is the best option. Their web hosting plan starts from $1.95 only (Click to activate this offer). Although there are other renowned web hosting providers like Godaddy that offer web hosting plans as low as $1 per month (Click here to activate Godaddy $1 per month web hosting deal with free domain).
- State-Of-Art Data centers: Hostpapa servers are hosted in industry leading data centers. Their main data center is located in Canada although they also have backup data facilities in a number of other data centers in North America. They have every thing in their data centers that will make your website available 24*7.
- Industry Leading Control Panel: Hostpapa give cPanel with their shared hosting services. cPanel known as the best web hosting management control panel.
- Customer Support: Hostpapa provides 24/7 support to their customers through live chat, phone and email. The support is available in multiple languages such as English, Spanish and French. If you’re located in other than US/Canada and buying web hosting through Hostpapa country specific website such as hostpapa.in or hostpapa.co.uk, you get one local number & one international number to get support. That means you can get support in your local language.
- Free Domain Name: Although Hostpapa web hosting prices are very competitive, still they offer a free domain name with their shared hosting plans.
- Knowledge Bank: Hostpapa has a big knowledge bank and video tutorial in multiple languages that users can access to help themselves. You can search knowledge bank to get help for a number of features and plugins.
The Verdict: Kick Or Pick
Finding a good web hosting company is a difficult task and if you’re looking for a web hosting company that should also be affordable, the task becomes even more difficult. Considering the price, up time & features, Hostpapa is definitely a pick. Although I’ve heard but not experienced personally that Hostpapa support is just average but at the price Hostpapa offer their web hosting, you can’t ask everything. Although alternatives like Godaddy, Bluehost , Inmotion Hosting are available but none of them is as affordable as Hostpapa. If you can spend some extra bucks, you can go with any of the alternative.