From last few years, cloud computing is the hottest topic among IT industry revolving across Amazon, Microsoft, Google and many more. In the era of digital marketing, every other thing of an organization is connected to the cloud such as data related to the employers, policies, planning, assets and many more. These data are stored/captured separately only for security purpose.
Cloud computing is a technology which enables computing services like data storage, processing, backup facilities and many more through the internet. The market is full of services availed by cloud computing such as SaaS, PaaS or IaaS. Every other organization such as in medical, retailing, business, etc are finding a new way of organizing, processing and presenting the data in the cloud.
So now, you all must be thinking of cloud computing, its impacts, implementation areas and every other related detail. The user can easily find these concepts in various write-ups, articles, courses, and certifications such as MS Azure certification explaining the areas where the cloud is implemented effectively to achieve desired outcomes. Through this certification, the learner will be able to get deep knowledge about various cloud computing models and services. Even machine learning and artificial intelligence are moving with the cloud computing. This can prove the success of cloud computing in the future.
Predictions on cloud computing:
- Separation of Software and hardware– Cloud computing is bringing the era towards automation, the information shared through cloud medium will be sent via several filters before any communication with the user’s computer. Even nowadays, businesses are running into ERP, PSA, CRM, and HR systems.
- Security first priority– This will surely be the important factor of future aspects as well. The requirement of the protocol will definitely get increased. This can be assumed from the protocol figures of present scenario which are changed from encryption 56 and 60-bit to 256-bit because of security requirement. The increase in demand for security is continuously changing which can lead to the limitation of access to data. To enter any private and protected zone, the user will need to go through various biometric scanning plus an electronic key.
- Availability of low power processor– If low power processor is available on the market then it may cause the price reduction of services availed by the cloud. However, the market is full of low-power chips which allow data processing at low power consumption.
- Multipurpose application– Though we are using such applications which can work differently such as to open a portable document format or pdf file we can use Word 2013. This will enable a disturbance-free communication between organisations. Standardization of software will change the cycle of production in less number of step. This will help the organisation to give better output at less price.
- Adaptive software– With every single program, the complexity and size are also growing which may require different and new software from a different perspective in future. So, we would require more cloud services which can store the applications not just in one place but in numerous modules. However, the cost of using cloud services may not get canceled and store the applications in different places will be the alternative for cost reduction.
The need for distributed application and the high-end processor is growing day by day. This will bring the fast interconnect in the data centre. According to the prediction given by Joseph Reger, datacenter will run hundred of gigabits in a second.
According to him, quick transfer of assets will happen in very inexpensive high-performance interconnect. This enables data centre to transfer data at a higher rate and at a lower cost. Hence, result in the generation of better-advanced application which will be capable of circulating data through hardware. This allows development of more automated, advanced and complex applications by programmers/developer.
Turning data centre into the ecosystem-
The data centre will become and function like an ecosystem which will grow and shrink according to the workload. From a single point, all the hardware and software are controlled through data center such that, if any changes or correction are required then it could be done from a single place and gets updated automatically everywhere.
Amalgamation of Cloud-
As per present scenario cloud has taken over the market which makes sense to its degree of consolidation because of huge capital cost and the profit taken by the internet.
The constant and powerful competition may make some large provider to experiment and develop the new advanced radical technology. For example- Google, moved its entire internal connection to the OpenFlow standard which is a software-defined network. This network helps them to cut the cost and increase the use. It can be assumed that if more people got engaged it will disturb the base of industries.
Adoption of hybrid cloud by businesses-
Hybrid cloud will help the organisations to work at their own comfort, pace, at less cost, and at a lower risk. This will happen because of the growing challenges and a need for regular innovation to cope with them. Hybrid cloud will provide better efficiency and effectiveness with solutions. According to the survey done by the cloud, signifies that the organizations will be working on six different type of cloud according to the business requirement. It’s just they have to identify and decide which business suits them best. Hence, Cloud will become the multi-vendor system; private and public cloud merger.
Combining cloud computing and advanced technology can lead to many opportunities and jobs. It has the capability of opening a whole new aspect in large number such as jobs, platforms, applications etc. Cloud computing has the capability to take the future into the new world. For example- Cloud computing can be used to develop new and different platforms for selling the goods and services. According to the Forbes article, AWS, Microsoft, and Google will capture 80% of all cloud platform revenue by 2020.
Why is it so beneficial? Cloud computing is more effective, efficient, powerful, accessible and agile. The businesses which are using cloud computing are organising and conducting the business more effectively and more professionally. It also opened multiple opportunities for web designers and web developers.