What is WordPress?
WordPress is the easiest and most powerful blogging and website CMS (Content Management System) out there. It is an online, open source website creation tool based on PHP and MySQL. Currently, around the world, about 27.5% of websites use WordPress source code.
The most recent study is showing that WordPress is actually powering 27.5% of the web, and it’s on the rise. Also interestingly on a daily basis over 50,000 websites being created on WordPress.
Who uses WordPress?
Due to its robust features, many famous blogs like Techcrunch, Mashable, News outlets like CNN’s on-air personality and the New York Times’ blogs, famous music sites, popular celebrities and fortune 500+ companies such as Facebook, Sony, Disney, Google, LinkedIn are using WordPress and the list does not end here.
So if you’re using WordPress to publish anything on the web, you’re having good company. Still if you ever become curious to know who are using WordPress, explore WordPress.com website and check showcase. You’ll be surely impressed to see the number of popular websites and famous personalities using WordPress to power their websites.
How to Get Started Using WordPress?
Now you probably want to know this “How to start with WordPress?”
WordPress is FREE. Yup…….:), that’s right. It means you’re free to download, install, modify and use it.
Why You Should use WordPress?
Mostly people classify WordPress just as a simple blogging platform. Although that used to be true long ago, WordPress has developed throughout the years into a Versatile CMS. The best part about WordPress is that it’s easy to use and flexible enough for just about anything.
In short, WordPress has the following advantages:
- Easy to install and use, suitable for both programmers and non-programmers
- Supportive communities are active throughout the world
- There are several interface packages available for you to choose from
- There are many plugins to support
- Modern, reliable and fully customizable CMS
- Intuitive administration interface
- Easy to grow
- Supports a variety of languages, including Vietnamese
- Can be customized into many different types of websites
- It is extendable by using Themes and Plugins
- It’s easy to manage.
- It can Handle different Media Types
- It’s safe and secure.
Note: Due to its open source nature, WordPress is not perfect, sensibly. There is always someone ready to jump at an opportunity to exploit your WordPress code. I’m talking about the most scandalous WordPress Security breach, The Panama Papers Leak and interestingly the security breach happened due to not updating the latest version of slider revolution plugin. So to avoid such instant you can contact WordPress Security and backup services providing sites or you can use WordPress backup plugins.
WordPress is Search Engine Friendly?
By design WordPress is SEO friendly, and one can make it more SEO friendly by using WordPress SEO plugins. It’s written using standard compliance high quality code and produces semantic markup which make any site very attractive for search engines.
Due to its SEO friendly nature, it helps any website to get good ranks in search results using WordPress SEO plugins. But, how???
Before we jump on the bandwagon and start using SEO plugins to improve rankings, here is a question we all should have in our mind once “how exactly is my first-page search result worth to me?”
Top rankings are a pinnacle of online business success. As per the study conducted by In Front Webwork, the first page of Google receive 95% of web traffic, with subsequent Google pages receiving 5% less of total web traffic.
Whether you’re a newbie or veteran business owner or manager it takes time to understand the psychology behind WordPress SEO Plugins and SERPs rankings. With over 44,000 different plugins, it’s never been easier to search and download the plugin you’re looking for. You probably don’t want to sit down and go through every single one. So to help you out we are going to go over 37 plugins that you can use to improve Search rankings .
37 plugins which can help you improve your rankings on SERPs
Currently, there are about 219 pages of SEO plugin on WordPress.org. However, you can not use all these 219 pages of SEO plugins. We have to choose the best plugin for SEO among them. Here are 37 plugins on WordPress that can help improve your SEO results.
1. Yoast SEO (Free/Paid)
Yoast SEO is the most popular plugin on WordPress, with nearly 4 million websites used worldwide. There are many plugins that have the same features as Yoast SEO but Yoast SEO is the simplest and most effective one.
Using Yoast SEO, you can edit display fields on Google like:
- Descriptive tag
- Title tag
In addition, Yoast SEO has the Keyword Focus field, when you enter your primary keyword into this field. Google can better understand what keywords you’re focusing.
In addition, Yoast SEO Analytics section can help you find out if your article has been optimized.
- The page analysis feature of Yoast checks minute things such as meta description, length of the posts and whether your description contains the focused keyword or not.
- Help to create better content with snippet preview that let you to know how your post or page will look in Google search result.
- Easy to do Social integration as the plugin comes with Facebook OpenGraph implementation to link social media and SEO.
- This plugin will allow you to determine the pages which would be shown by search engine in its search results and which will not be.
- Yoast SEO plugin makes canonical link elements available everywhere, whereas WordPress only exhibits it on a page.
- This plugin automatically creates XML sitemaps and informs Bing and Google of its existence. This feature is one of the most advanced features of Yoast plugin.
- Unlike some other WP plugins, this plugin is multi-site compatible.
- Breadcrumbs, one of the unique features of Yoast allows you to develop easy navigation for both users and search engines.
- Various features in a single WordPress SEO plugin.
- Fast and simple to work
- Very easy to understand and use.
- Security threats.
- You may experience slow website speed while activating all features at once.
Ranking factors of Yoast SEO Plugin:
- XML sitemaps
- Twitter Cards and Facebook OpenGraph
Google Analytics is a great tool provided by Google itself. Allows you to track the indexes on your website such as the number of sessions, time on site, bounce rate, page views per session, etc.
This plugin makes it easy to connect Google Analytics to your website.
If you do not use the plugin, you must install Google Analytics with code and it may be time consuming if you do not know a bit of html.
But with this plugin, you just need a few clicks to be able to add Google Analytics to your website.
3 main reasons you can not ignore this tool: simple – easy to use, free and very powerful. With this plugin, within WordPress you can also see the detailed metrics Google Analytics gives you.
- Quick and easy setup for Google analytics with just few clicks.
- Zero coding knowledge required to implement.
- See real time stats and monitor the things that matters directly from the WordPress Dashboard.
- Ecommerce Tracking such as woocommerce analytics report.
- Easy track your Google adsense ads.
- Popular author, popular post and custom post tracking.
- Track custom buttons and banner clicks.
- Easy to take full advantage of all the powerful Google Analytics features such as file download tracking, event tracking, custom dimension, outbound link tracking, performance tracking right inside from the WordPress Dashboard.
- N number of features of this plugin made it to do unnecessarily overloading and also affecting the website speed.
3. All in one SEO Pack (Free/Paid)
All in one SEO Pack is a plugin that has the same features as Yoast SEO. However, as the name mentioned, all in one SEO pack has more features than Yoast SEO but the other interface and more difficult to use. Moreover, many features that all in one SEO pack provide that we do not use to. So according to my personal opinion, Yoast SEO is the plugin enough for everyone.
- Support Google Accelerated Mobile Pages.
- Support Google Analytics
- Support XML sitemap for Google and Bing and get improve your site rankings.
- Automatically optimize your Title for Search engines
- Very easy to install and use
- Automatically generates META TAGs for website pages
- Option to override Meta Tag, Title, keyword and description as per your requirements.
- Easy to tune everything to optimize your SEO.
- Only plugin to provide FREE SEO integration for e-commerce sites such as woocommerce.
- Easily compatible with other plugins.
- Limited features are available for Free version users.
4. Broken Link Checker (Free/Paid)
If you are building links in any way, are you sure that you can control the whole number of links. Of course, if you have a standard Ahrefs account, you can have full control over it. However, the money you have to pay for the Ahrefs standard account is huge.
But do not worry, Broken Link Checker is the best solution for you to control the links that you have built.
This plugin helps you to check your pages for broken links. And then notify you through the plugin’s dashboard or via your email. With this plugin, you can know your broken links and then compensate for that link.
- Monitor links in your pages, the blogroll, posts, comments, and custom fields (optional).
- Notifies you either by email or via WordPress Dashboard.
- Checks dead links, missing images and redirects.
- Easy to search and filter broken links by anchor text, URL and so on.
- Prevents search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing from following broken links (optional).
- Broken links can be edited directly from the WordPress plugin’s page, No need to update each post manually.
- Highly configurable.
- Report error codes such as 404 for all dead URLs.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS.
- Free Version of the software has provide the service for 3000 page however there are no limits for paid version.
5. Google XML Sitemaps (Free)
Sure, somewhere you have heard the term sitemaps or sitemap right? Sitemaps are a technical part but it also greatly influences the SEO results.
Essentially, XML sitemaps help bots of search engines crawl your website data faster and more efficiently.
For those who do not know about programming, this plugin helps you set up the sitemap XML for your website. And you just click on a few buttons and let the plugin do the rest for you. Even if, you do not know how to create XML sitemap, this plugin will automatically generate sitemaps for you.
- Help you to create better SEO Which help search engines to better index your website.
- The plugin support custom URLs and all kinds of WordPress generated plugin.
- Offers a completes XML sitemap for search engines.
- This WordPress plugin is free for everyone for both personal and commercial website.
- Does all the work in background without your involvement.
- This plugin will not break your site or slow it down in speed.
This WordPress SEO plugin might not work well with Nginx Servers
6. All in one WP Security & Firewall (Free)
Imagine, one morning you wake up and you see that your website gets hacked. That is dangerous.
All in one WP Security & Firewall plugin is designed to prevent this. Of course, WordPress is very safe, however, you still need to avoid it before the problem occurs.
- Supports functioning with 11 languages.
- Stop other sites to display your content through iframe or frame.
- It has “cookie-based Brute Force Login Prevention” to block login attacks from bots and people.
- Blocks fraud Googlebots so that, they can’t crawl your WordPress website.
- Permanently Blocks the IP addresses which have reached the maximum number of comments.
- Works hassle-free with other WordPress plugins.
- Works hassle-free with other WordPress plugins.
- Has a “Support Forum”, users can ask their questions there.
- Enables developers worldwide to make a change, if they prefer.
7. W3 Total Cache (Free/Paid)
W3 Total Cache is a plugin to speed up your website. On the official page of this plugin is committed as follows: “Improve at least 10 times the overall performance of the site when fully configured (level A in WebPageTest or significantly improve Google Page Speed).”
This plug-in works quite well, some sites use this plugin impressive effects such as: AT & T, Mashable and MakeUseOf.
- Increased Mobile Pages support
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) support
- Transparent Content Delivery Network (CDN) management with Media Library, theme files, and WordPress itself
- Compatible with dedicated clusters/servers, dedicated servers/virtual private, and shared WP hosting
- Caching of feeds in memory on disk or on CDN
- Caching of fragments in memory or on disk
- It offers proper explanation for each of its features
- This is one of the complete WordPress caching plugins for websites
- You have to move for premium version for better support
- It’s not among the easy-to-use WordPress SEO plugins
WP Social SEO Booster helps by optimizing your website for Facebook Open Graph, tags on Twitter and Google tags.
This plugin can even handle microdata. WP Social SEO Booster is really capable of optimizing your website for social networking sites.
- Works smoothly with other SEO plugins like ‘WordPress SEO by Yoast’, All in one SEO and many more.
- Users can either customize a particular post or set the features to all posts.
- Includes a star rating system that works together with the author rating.
- Works well with all sorts of contents like book, website, article, song, videos, music albums, etc.
- Provision of ‘Knowledge base’, a platform where users get tutorials on how to use the plugin.
- Has more advanced features in the Pro version of the application.
- Can be translated into English and German languages.
- Has not been updated since last 3 years.
9. Redirection (Free)
301 redirection main effect is to transfer the full power of this url to the other. 301 redirection is a technical issue, usually comes due to code execution on .htaccess files.
The best use of the Redirection plugin is to automatically generate 301 redirects whenever you change the URL of an article.
- Custom ‘pass-through’ redirection allows you to go through a URL to another site, file or page.
- Easy to monitor 404 errors and helps you to capture 404 error URLs and map those errors to 301 redirects.
- With this plugin, you’ll be able to redirect all your 404 URLs.
- Complete regular expression support.
- Completely localized.
- It’s totally free.
- You can manage redirection right from the WP dashboard you have.
- Your site will become slow due to the continually scanning for 404 errors as the process needs a serious involvement of server resources.
- Poor developer support.
10. SEO Ultimate (Free/Paid)
Looking over, SEO Ultimate looks like Yoast SEO and All in One SEO Pack. However, SEO Ultimate has some other unique features.
Ultimate SEO also offers a field to change the title. In addition, SEO Ultimate offers a number of extensions such as: Linking tools, author highlighting, 404 page tracking and many other features. You should install and try to experience the features of this plugin.
- This plugin allows you to add codes in the footer, header, after the content, and before the content.
- Easy to monitor 404 errors with SEO ultimate plugin.
- Modify your robots.txt directly in your WP dashboard.
- Rich snippets feature help you to bring more visitors and make your website much convenient for audience to find it.
- Deeplink Juggernaut feature allows you to set up keywords for which this plugin will automatically generate internal links on your website.
- Easy to do Social media optimization with SEO Ultimate plugin as it will automatically generates social media site’s open graph for your pages, posts etc.
- With title tag rewriter feature, you can edit the title tags of your posts, pages, and categories, among others.
- Easy to select the things and use you only require.
- Custom permalinks.
- A bit complicated to use for beginners.
- Late update of the features.
Ranking factors of SEO Ultimate:
- 404 errors monitoring
- Social SEO
Jetpack is a pretty good plugin on the WordPress platform. This plugin keeps any WordPress site safe, boosts traffic and engages your readers.
Traffic and SEO Tool
Traffic is one of the most important elements of a website. The free version of Jetpack includes:
- Statistics and analysis of website statistics
- Automatically share on social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Twitter, Reddit and WhatsApp
- Search engine optimization tools for Twitter, Facebook, Google, Bing, and WordPress. This feature appears with paid version only.
Security and Backup Services
Do not worry about losing your data, temporary dead websites and hacking. Jetpack offers the following solutions:
- Brute force attack protection
- Track temporary website dead time and duration of activity
- Secure login and two factor authentication
- Malware scanning, code scanning and threat resolution
- Backup website, restore and move
- Create Content
Add rich graphics and rich media, without the need for graphic design expertise:
- High speed CDN for your photos
- Carousels, slideshows
- Simple drawings from YouTube, Google Docs, Spotify, and more
- Customize the sidebar including Facebook, Twitter and RSS feeds
- Side-by-side gadgets include website statistics, calendars and authors
- High-speed, ad-free and high-resolution video hosting
12. SEO Internal Links (Free)
SEO Internal Links plugin is a plugin that helps manage the internal link structure of your website.
This plugin provides the simplest way to track your internal links without having to go through many steps.
Even, this plugin can automatically link keywords with relevant articles on your website. So, if you do not want to insert the internal link manually, then you can leave this plugin to help.
- Supports functioning with all browsers which are currently in use.
- Supports others cace plugins.
- Has simple configuration.
- Generates customized keywords list .
- Make your posts trustworthy to users by interlinking it with other’s posts.
- Help in building SEO friendly contents.
- Prevents Black SEO practices.
- Has not been updated since last 2 years.
- Has not efficient mechanism to filter relevant internal links.
- Can not link one word to multiple URLs.
13. WPtouch Mobile plugin (Free/Paid)
The world is gradually moving to use more mobile devices.
Therefore, you need to pay more attention to prioritizing mobile devices whenever you make changes to your website.
WPtouch Mobile plugin will immediately enable you to activate the mobile version of the website. It sounds simple, but it has a big impact. This is one of the best plugins for SEO that you can not give up too.
Allow to customize many aspects through WordPress Customizer and WPtouch administration panel and provide a user-friendly, fast, and stylish version of your website.
- Automatically adds an elegant mobile friendly theme to your WordPress Website.
- Help your website to pass the Google Mobile Test easily.
- You have to switch pro for enhanced theme & features, better support and more control.
Yet Another Related Posts Plugin is a great plugin. This plugin shows articles and pages related to the content that the user is reading. Help form a seamless thread all related to each other. This increases the time on site and reduces your page exit rate . Not only that, but also keep users stay on your site longer and know users find you useful and can convert.
- List view or Thumbnail of related content.
- Related pages, posts, and custom post types.
- The templating system provides you easy and advanced control of your results displayed.
- Customizable algorithm considering content, post titles, categories, tags, and custom taxonomies.
- Custom display options to get display of related posts in RSS feeds.
- YARP works very well in a multisite environment. Many WordPress users are running YARP using WordPress Multisite without any issue.
- It will slow down your website.
15. All in one Schema.org snippets (Free)
Previously, we had a detailed article on the plugin All in one Schema.org Rich Snippets. So, you can refer to the detailed information in that article. In short, All in one Schema.org Rich Snippets is a plugin that helps users create standard Rich Snippets tags under Schema.org without having to know anything about code.
Supported content types:
- Software Application
- Easy to setup
- Supports majority of rich snippet types
- Less design and customization options
- Doesn’t provide support for local business markup
16. Majestic SEO Dashboard Widget (Free)
Majestic SEO is one of the SEO tools that helps you measure the index on your website. Majestic SEO Dashboard Widget is a plugin on WordPress, this tool brings you some of the same features as the Majestic SEO tool.
- Displays the index of your website as a viewable diagram.
- Users can view indexes directly on their website without having to leave the dashboard on your website.
- Tracks users link building progressions against their competitors.
Users can add up to four of their competitors to compare their performance with them.
- Has not been updated since last 4 years.
- Has a very thin user base.
Akismet helps you to check the comments on your website and sends a contact form to the global spam database. In order to prevent your website from appearing spam. You can review the spam comments received in the “Comment” screen of your website.
- This plugin can automatically checks all comments and also can filters out spam comments.
- It will provide status history for each comment, so you can easily monitor which comments have been removed by this plugin and have been ignored by comment spammers or undetected.
- Akismet allows moderator to see the number of comments that have been approved for each user.
- Help to increase your website speed and saves space with the help of complete removal feature and blocks all worst spam comments.
SEO Optimized Images (Free/Paid)
When it comes to SEO, the first thing you think of is the keyword. But there are hundreds of important Google ranking factors for SEO.
Optimizing images is also one of the factors that affect your SEO results. By some industries the user will view more images than the website reads text. For example: shoes, clothing, furniture, … We have been writing articles optimized for SEO . But today, we will suggest a plugin that allows you to edit your image data. That is the SEO Optimized Images plugin.
Editing the image data will help your image be more SEO friendly and improve your website performance.
- Dynamically add SEO friendly title attributes and alt attributes to your images.
- Best way to get more traffic from search engine using Images.
- Easy-to-use WordPress Plugin.
- You have to move for premium version to get support for “Feature Images”, “Woocommerce Product Images”, Custom post type images”.
19. Local Search SEO Contact Page (Free)
Local SEO is often overlooked, but remember, SEO Local is one of the most effective ways to increase traffic to your website. However, there are many things to pay attention when optimizing your local SEO.
You can use the Local Search SEO Contact Page plugin to optimize your website to show up on Google’s SERP when there are queries related to Local. Even with this plugin, you also do not need to know too much about SEO.
In addition, the Local Search SEO Link Page plugin also helps you create a Google Map for your location.
- Creates Google map based on your current location and directions.
- Uses shortcodes to fix Google map disappearing issues.
- Has a simple layout of settings on admin page.
- This plugins can be used for posting both commercial and personal blogs.
- More advanced and efficient features are available in premium version of the application.
- May not work effectively with older versions of WordPress (prior to version 3.1.3).
- Users have to use individual shortcodes to create a new layout in case if their layout is not wider as per requirement.
20. BlogVault WordPress Backup Plugin (Free/Paid)
BlogVault is a backup and restore plugin service for WordPress, which offers Auto restoring features. It also provides the site’s backup in a secure way by storing your data in multiple, encrypted copies. You can access the restoration functions anytime you want.
BlogVault also provides you backup history feature, where you can take snapshots of your site on daily basis. A maximum of 30 day history can be seen back at anytime. It even restores whole of WordPress Multisite Network (WPMU) by using a single backup only.
- It is compatible in working with almost every plugin.
- It tests data on a temporary server before restoring them on actual site.
- Backup entire WordPress site including subsite in case of multisite.
- It provides daily and automatic backup.
- Offers an independent dashboard for simple and faster management of sites’ backup.
- It supports incremental backup.
- It supports real-time backup means the moment you make a change at the site, it will be saved also as backups.
- Idle for larger sites.
- Provides 7 days free trial.
- It does not provide weekly subscription. You have to subscribe at least for a month.
Suggested Reading: How to Transfer A WordPress Site to a new host?
21. Social Metrics (Free/Paid)
Social Metrics is a plugin that helps you measure the number of indexes from social networking sites. This plugin tells you how many votes your contents are receiving from social networking sites. In addition, this plugin gives you a detailed view of everything you want to know.
- Gives the exact figure of how many times users contents are shared on social networking sites.
- Tracks the way via which, the content is shared on various social medias.
- Arrange all data in tabular form.
- Find out which post is most shared or gone viral on social media.
- Can filter out progression rate from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+1, StumbleUpon, Digg.
- Lightweight codes are used.
- This plugin has simple admin settings dashboard.
- Users can customize the numbers of posts, they want to see at one time.
Similar to the Social Metrics plug-in, the Most Shared Post plugin also measures the number of posts that you receive. Specifically, measure how many posts your article is shared with.
23. Simple URLs
Simple URLs is a complete url management system that allows you to create, manage and track outbound links from your website. The interface of this plugin is also very easy to use, suitable for those who do not know much about technology.
24. Greg’s High Performance SEO (Free)
Greg’s High-Performance SEO is a simple and very useful plugin. This plugin has some features that work better than some other SEO plugins mentioned in this list. Greg’s High-Performance SEO allows you to control duplicate content, edit description tags, and manage the top of your website.
- Offers direct control to more than 100 on page SEO characteristics.
- Provides SEO supports to both professional and amateur bloggers.
- Works on five areas of posts which are main title, secondary title, copy content, headings’ and secondary description.
- Is compatible with other SEO plugins.
- Has a in-built automatic to checker to detect conflicts.
- Supports 404 page error detection.
- Has a comprehensive documentation on SEO.
- Users can not ask their queries at WordPress forum. They can however, do query on GHPSEO on its website.
Automatic SEO Links is a wordpress plugin that you can use to automatically add a link to a keyword that you have set up before. Whenever you enter the phrase in the list that you have set, Automatic SEO Links will automatically turn that phrase into a link.
WP-Optimize is a useful tool for your website. With this plugin, you can regularly clean up your WordPress database. This plugin helps optimize the workspace on wordpress. It releases the unnecessary database space occupied due to repetitive editings or post revisions.
- Supports scheduled and automatic clean up.
- Provides table’s insights regarding database overhead.
- Can be translated into multiple languages.
- Has mobile-friendly interface.
- Has a intuitive contact forum.
- This plugin is tried and tested over 5 lac+ users.
- Makes the website neat and faster.
One of the best ways to increase your SEO performance and results is to keep your website lightweight.
Autoptimize is a plugin that helps reduce code on your website. Make your website run faster, smoother, and crawl faster
28. Smush Image Compression and Optimization (Free)
Smush Image Compression and Optimization is one of many plugins used by many websites. This plugin resizes, optimizes and compresses all your images while retaining the quality of the image. With this plugin, your website will run faster and the tools will be easier to crawl.
- Ability to compress any kind of image in any folder.
- Is compatible in working with other WordPress plugins.
- Can compress up to 50 images in one go.
- Supports JPEG, PNG and GIF image files as well.
- Works well on user multisite WordPress network.
- Reliable Smush API.
- Simple and easy configuration.
- Optimise high definition images also.
- No facility to compress original full size image in its basic version.
- Skips images which size is more than 1mb.
Imsanity is another plugin that optimizes images on your website, similar to Smush Image Compression and Optimization. However, the Imsanity plugin can automatically resize your images to fit the website.
- Automatically resize existing images using bulk-resize features
- Easily converts BMP files to JPG and get images scaled
- Saves space and improve site speeds
- Ideal plugin for blogs as blog posts doesn’t required high resolution images.
LinkPatrol is a plugin that gives you professional control over your links. Moreover, this plugin is easy to use and suitable for all users. However, this plugin is a paid plugin, you will have to pay $ 50 for this plugin.
31. SEOPressor (Paid)
SEOPressor is a plugin to help you optimize the maximum. This plugin will provide indicators of your website such as on page analysis, link management, and other features.
- SEOPressor monitors your SEO working and helps your site to not get penalized by Google with it’s over optimization checking feature.
- Keyword SEO score is the feature that will monitor the keyword score of your target keyword.
- Automatic smart linking feature allows to automatically add keywords and links to increase average time spent by a visitor on website.
- Easily decrease the bounce rate with SEOPressor plugin.
- With this plugin, you can get complete authority with its Dynamic crawler control and get navigate your site.
- You can get 60-day money back guarantee with this plugin, in case you’re not satisfied with it.
- This plugin is a complete WordPress SEO plugin which will help you to focus on your website’s SEO and obtain ranking.
- Offers a basic understanding of SEO.
- Not so easy for Beginners.
- Can negatively affect your website instead of driving traffic.
- Customer support may disappoint you.
Key ranking factors covered by SEOPressor:
- Social SEO
Plugins are great, however, if you do not know how to use the plugins correctly, they can slow down your site.
P3 is a plugin that creates a configuration of the plugin effects of your WordPress page by measuring their impact on your page load time. Normally, WordPress pages load slowly because the plugin is not configured or because you install too many unnecessary plugins. By using the P3 plugin, you can find and remove plugins that affect your page load speed.
33. AMP for WP (Free) – Speed up your website on your mobile device
AMP for WP will automatically add the Google AMP Project to your WordPress page. AMP helps your website faster for your mobile visitors.
- NEW – Contact Template Support 7
- NEW – Page Creator for AMP
- NEW – Github Gist support
- NEW – Comments on Facebook
- NEW – Email subscription to support templates in AMP plugins
- Call-to-action box and notification bar
- 9 Ad Size – 2 Added AD ad slots added recently
- Comment form in AMP.
- Original AMP search function.
- Design 3
- Disqus Reviews Support
- Google Tag Manager support
- Page Support, Type & Tags
- AMP Customizer – Allows you to override content you wrote in an article or page so that you can add other content just for AMP.
- Mobile navigation – More than 50% of your traffic is from mobile devices and you do not do anything to improve your user experience, which means you are lagging behind on SEO. and can reduce SERPS. The fast mobile version means faster. This means that users have more direct interaction leading to lower bounce rates.
- Support for custom message types
- Star rating
- Drag & Drop the Add Page Creator
- Support Yoast SEO on AMP sites and other SEO plugins
- Support of WooCommerce AMP
- In addition, there are many other features on the AMP plugin for WP – Accelerated Mobile Pages
- WooCommerce integration
- Required zero knowledge of coding to integrate this SEO plugin
- Amazingly good distribution
- Limited features
- Not so easy to implement
34. Premium SEO Pack (Paid)
It’s a well known SEO plugin that assembled with a complete set of amazing SEO features including social sharing, SERP tracking, image optimization, just a few to name. This comprehensive plugin provides you everything that help you to optimize your website.
- This plugin enables you to monitor page speed of each of your pages or posts on both desktop and mobile devices.
- This plugin empowers you to check the markup of your posts, pages, and custom taxonomies with the help of W3C validator.
- With the backlink builder feature of Premium SEO pack, you can easily add your website to different site directories.
- Automatically updates appropriate ALT and Title Attributes to all images you have been used in your posts and pages.
- This plugin allows you to post your content on Facebook with the help of Facebook Planner.
- Easy to monitor the 404 errors.
- Video sitemap is available.
- Search engine reporter is available.
- Bulk editor for mass optimization.
- RSS settings is not available
Ranking factors of Premium SEO Pack:
- 404 monitoring
- Social SEO
- Page speed
- Title and meta settings
Rel Nofollow Checkbox is a plugin for attaching anchor text. With this plugin, you can easily add the nofollow attribute to your link by checking the checkbox.
36. Sharebar (Free)
Social sharing is an important part of optimizing on-page SEO. The Sharebar Plugin is a tool that helps visitors to your site easily share your articles on social networking sites.
37. SEO Friendly Images (Image optimization) (Free) –
This plugin automatically optimizes ll your images and update with appropriate TITLE and ALT attributes for SEO purposes. So, if you don’t have TITLE and ALT attributes set already, this WordPress SEO plugin will add them in accordance with the options you choose. This plugin can bring a substantial amount of traffic by optimizing the images from the image search engines.
- Product placeholders- Product name, vendor, price, category.
- Category placeholders- Category name, parent name, store.
- Brand placeholders- Brand name and store.
- Blog placeholders- Post name and store.
- Easy to setup
- lazy load feature of the plugin is capable for making your site 50 to 70 percent faster.
- The free version of the plugin isn’t supported. You need to upgrade your plan to premium to get support.
There are thousands of SEO plugins available on the internet. The above mentioned 37 plugins are capable of resolving most of the issues experienced by webmasters and falls under the most used SEO plugins category. In case you’re using a significant number of WordPress plugins at the same time, there’ll be a probability of slowing down the potential speed of your websites. Ideally, you should deactivate those plugins which are not used frequently. They can be activated as per the requirements.
In case none of these WordPress SEO Plugins helps to improve your ranking in SERPs, we advise you to consider moving to a better web hosting provider. So, be smart, be updated with latest, think proactively and pick wisely.
What plugins do you usually use? Let us know your opinion and features of the plugin you are using. We are also open to suggestions on other good plugins which I missed to showcase in the above list.
I’m Akshat Choudhary, the founder and CEO of BlogVault, MigrateGuru & MalCare. Being a developer, I love building products that solve real-life problems of people and have been building systems and products since 2005. This time being a blogger, I want to share some of my contents enveloping latest safety and security tips for WordPress users.